Seven Steps for Effective Content Creation and Management
Though “content is king” may be the phrase du jour, there’s no denying that marketers are putting more emphasis on this particular tactic than ever before.
According to the Custom Content Council, 39 percent of the average marketing, advertising, and communications budget is now earmarked for content marketing, highlighting this avenue as an essential element for supporting marketing ROI and conversions. Relevant content and deliberate distribution techniques have the power to drive differentiation and competitive advantage. But, while many recognize content marketing’s great potential, few have yet to implement an efficient strategy that fosters improvements and success.
DMNews recently ran an article in which WebMetro discusses the necessary steps for establishing an effective content marketing strategy. Here’s an outline of how companies can go about creating and distributing the types of content that engage target audiences and generate positive results:
1. Identify the audience—Understand who will consume your content to develop a successful engagement strategy that will reach this target audience.
2. Research the social marketplace—Use site analytics and research tools to learn what people are saying about your brand and industry as you cultivate a plan that allows you to segment your audience and join the discussion.
3. Conduct a media review and audit—Determine what content already exists and analyze your competitors’ content to establish what gaps must be filled.
4. Determine the best story opportunities—Differentiate your brand by focusing on your product’s primary characteristics while answering questions that drive social conversations.
5. Develop content—Establish what type of content would best suit your story and your budget, then create a scalable “adaptive” content plan that allows copy to be repurposed across numerous channels.
6. Determine distribution channels—Reach your prospects where they live and become part of their social conversation by delivering content via their most frequently used channels.
7. Measure reach, visibility, and conversions—Track, analyze, measure, and test your content’s success and conversion rate the same way you would any other media or advertisement.
Following these steps will enable marketers to gain a deeper understanding of their target audience’s preferences and deliver relevant content that drives conversions. Learn more by reading the full article.